Real Estate Finance Today
Book Cost: included
Hours: 7.5hours (You finish 1/3 of your 22.5
hours of continuing education required by the State.)
- Basics of Real Estate Financing
- Use of principal financing instruments
3) Deed of Trust
- Major sources of mortgage loan funding in the primary market.
- Role of primary players in the secondary market.
- Significance of the Federal Reserve Board as it relates to mortgage
- Functions of the government agencies most influential in home
- Significant congressional acts that apply to home mortgage lending.
- Current Trends in Mortgage Lending
- Benefits and criticisms of the current trend toward computerized
loan approvals, including the
- Major credit repositories and the source of credit scoring most
commonly used today.
- Facors influencing an individual’s credit score and ways to improve
- New concept of “risk-based financing” and its potential influence on
the real estate market.
- nfluence of the growing immigrant population on today’s real estate
- Government Insured or Guaranteed Loans
- Guidelines to be followed for both FHA and VA loans, including
maximum loan amount, minimum down payment, qualifying ratios, seller
contribution, and assumption possibilities.
- Costs involved and the purpose of the FHA Mortgage insurance premium
and the VA funding fee.
- Compensating factors that may be considered to enable borrower to
gain loan approval.
- Calculations for the down payment loan amount and monthly mortgage
payment for an FHA loan including any mortgage insurance and for a VA
loan including funding fee where required.